The mission of the Northwestern Health Unit is to improve the quality and length of life in our communities: healthy lifestyles, longer lives lived well.
Northwestern Health Unit achieves its mission by:
- Promoting the health of the communities by enabling people to increase control over the determinants of health;
- Preventing the occurrence and spread of disease and reducing resulting disability;
- Protecting the health of the community by eliminating or reducing health hazards;
- Providing appropriate, efficient and effective programs;
- Advocating for conditions for the achievement of health;
- Working with individuals, communities and service providers;
- Collaborating with other organizations, agencies and health units;
- Promoting equitable access to health programs and services;
- Participating in undergraduate, graduate and continuing education;
- Participating in evaluation and research to address current community questions/issues, including the dissemination and incorporation of results into programs and services.